The Museum is currently moving forward on the plans to transition the collection to the new planned premises in the centre of Mont Tremblant. Please continue to watch for announcements about the opening of the museum's new exhibit space in Mont-Tremblant, QC.
The Museum’s former public space in Ottawa, featured a walk-through of Canadian involvement and accomplishment at the Olympic Winter Games from 1928, the first year Canadian competed in skiing events, to the 2006 Games in Torino, Italy. The small exhibit highlights Canadian skiers and snowboarders' performances at the Games, as well as displaying personal artifacts, the skis, boots, clothing, and pins worn by the athletes including Olympians W.B. Thompson, Lucile Wheeler, Anne Heggtveit, Kathy Kreiner, Steve Podborski, Laurie Graham, and Jeff Bean.
In addition to the in-house exhibit, the Canadian Ski Museum takes part in various outreach exhibits for community events, Heritage Day, ski shows, and ski club open houses, as examples. Please check our events page for more information.
Most recently, the museum has focused on creating more virtual content in order to showcase its vast artifact and photographic collections. Within this site you will find various exhibits featuring research, photographs and artifacts from the Museum’s collections.
The CSHFM is “open virtually” via its website. Documentation sourced via the site may be reprinted with the expressed consent of the CSHFM and reproduced with a source reference. Furthermore the CSHFM retains copyright over the content.
To visit the Museum's online exhibits 'click' a link below:
• Anne Heggtveit's Golden Anniversary
• Canadian Ski Annuals / Canadian Ski Yearbooks
• Canadian Ski Marathon
• Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance
• Canadian Ski Patrol System
• Crazy Canucks
• Curiosities of Skiing
• Dominion Ski Championships / Canadian Championships
• Freestyle (Aerials, Ballet, Moguls)
• Ski Jumping
• A Brief History of Skiing in Canada
• Olympic Ski/Snowboard Exhibit
• Origins of Skiing in the Ottawa area
• History of the Revelstoke Ski Club
• History of the Camrose Ski Club
• History of the Toronto Ski Club
• History of the Ottawa Ski Club
• History of the Penguin Ski Club
• History of the Red Birds Ski Club